Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Take on Muse Challenge #134

Well, I have to admit that this is not my typical card, but I love the result.  This is a combination of the Muse Challenge #134, whose muse inspiration is noted here . . .



And a challenge at my craft place, StampNation, to use a resist technique.  With supplies collected, I set out to work.  



One of the things you will note in my supply list . . . Stampin' Up ink.  I was setting out to use a regular dye ink to create a watercolor card.  Here is the result . . .


You'll notice that the colors are very muted, which is a great look.  Keep in mind I was using very subtle colors - Daffodil Delight and Pool Party.  I love the subtlety and the way the white embossing powder resisted the inks.  And do you see some of those watermarks from the watercolor? 


Again, not my typical style, but I love this card.

I hope you found some time to create today.

Cheers!


Supplies Used - Hello
Cardstock:  Neenah and Simon Says Stamp*
Stamps:  I See You from Simon Says Stamp*
Dies:  Brushstroke Hello from Simon Says Stamp*
Ink:  Stampin' Up, Versa Mark and Ranger White Embossing Powder
Ribbon:  DMC Silver Thread
Other:  Washi Tape (possibly from We R Memories)

*from Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit







3 comments:

  1. SUPER fun, love this take on the challenge!! I am so VERY late to the MUSE party, -I just made it yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun - I love how your colours emphasize the sentiments! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gentle colours and your highlighted sentiments. The bold chevrons add just the right amount of drama. Thanks for your take on my card and for playing along at Muse, Anita x

    ReplyDelete